We have our own mechanical workshop where we fabricate and assemble a wide range of special purpose equipment to our own designs. We are expanding our production and have a vacancy in our workshop team for an experienced Mechanical Technician.
The role is a full-time member of the engineering reporting to the Workshop Foreman. It requires every-day liaison with Project Managers, suppliers, other staff. The role is based on the Capenhurst site and requires occasional visits to clients and suppliers. It will suit a person who likes to take full responsibility for a build and who likes solving technical problems. An essential requirement is the ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Mechanical assembly, fabrication and installation of special purpose machinery
• Liaison with Project Manager, Design Engineers, Purchasing, Scientists, other staff
• Interpreting drawings for fabrication
• Liaison with engineering suppliers and sub-contractors
• Problem solving in multi-disciplinary teams
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Mechanical Engineering ONC or OND as minimum, HNC or HND preferred
• Experience in a commercial or industrial environment
• Fabrication and assembly, Swagelok, pneumatics, bench fitting machining, welding is useful
• Preferably with experience of planning fabrication and assembly tasks