We have a vacancy for a Buyer. The Buyer reports to the Finance Manager and is responsible for procurement of all material and components used in our products. We source parts which are machined and fabricated to our own in-house design from a diverse range of UK and international suppliers. The role requires close internal cooperation with Project Managers, Designers, Technicians and the Finance team.
The role requires close internal cooperation with Project Managers, Designers, Technicians and the Finance team. The company is developing new products and clients and the role will suit someone who wants to be part of the growth of a thriving company.
- Procurement of all materials and components needed for the company’s projects
- Commercial negotiation and liaison with suppliers
- Development and management of supplier relationships
- Liaison internally with Project Managers, Designers, Workshop Staff and others
- Management of Goods Inwards, quality documentation from suppliers.
- The future development of procurement processes within the company.
The ideal candidates will have;
- Experience of procurement of bespoke engineered components
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant commercial negotiation skills