Food Waste Processing
Waste streams often present issues for convention heat transfer equipment due to high solids content and high viscosity. Ohmic Heating overcomes these problems, enabling rapid, uniform heating of liquids and solids.
The applications for ohmic heating in waste treatment include:
- Heating of AD feedstocks containing animal by-products to achieve compliance with ABPR (both Cat 3 and Cat 2)
- Temperature control of AD plants for optimal performance
- Hydrolysis of AD feedstocks to maximise biogas yields
- Pasteurisation of compost leachates
- Pebbly-bed filter temperature control.
Key benefits include:
- Ohmic Heating is highly robust and requires minimal maintenance
- Excellent heating uniformity
- High Energy Efficiency
- Highly controllable
- Easy maintenance – reduced cost
- Easily retrofitted to existing lines