Full time, £25,000–£35,000
C-Tech Innovation is looking to recruit a Mechanical Technician, based at our offices in Capenhurst just outside Chester. The Mechanical Technician role reports to the Operations Manager. This is a full-time, permanent role.
C-Tech Innovation is an industrial process development company based on the Capenhurst Technology Park near Chester. We design and build a wide range of pilot and production scale equipment for process industry clients including nuclear, chemical and foods sectors. We pride ourselves in solving difficult process engineering challenges and turning them into fully developed pilot and production plant. We are ISO 9001 accredited. We have a close knit collaborative working environment and a highly qualified and diverse team including Process Engineers, Design Engineers, Scientists, Project Managers, Mechanical and Electrical Technicians.
We have our own mechanical workshop where we fabricate and assemble a wide range of equipment to our own designs. We have a vacancy in our workshop team and need a Mechanical Technician who will take responsibility for projects in the workshop.
The vacancy is part of the mechanical team who deal with a wide variety of special purpose equipment. It needs someone who can draw on experience from different sectors to solve technical challenges in fabrication, assembly and commissioning. It includes liaison with Project Manager, suppliers, clients and other staff. The role is based on the Capenhurst site and requires occasional visits to clients and suppliers. The role is under the supervision of the Engineering Foreman and reports to the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility is to carry out fabrication and assembly work
- Liaison with Project Manager, Design Engineers, Purchasing, Scientists, other staff
- Interpreting drawings for fabrication
- Machining, fabrication, assembly tasks
- Liaison with engineering suppliers and sub-contractors
- Problem solving in multi-disciplinary teams
Salary and Benefits
£25-35,000 per annum, depending on experience
28 days holiday
Generous contributory pension scheme
The person hired will have
- Mechanical Engineering ONC or OND as minimum, HNC or HND preferred
- 5 years or more experience in a commercial or industrial environment
- Fabrication and assembly of equipment, including Swagelok, pneumatics, bench fitting machining, welding
- Experience of planning fabrication and assembly tasks
The closing date for applications is 30th November 2017.